WELCOME TO THE FINALS OF IN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL 2014
We have some important information you need to read if your film went through the preselection.
To be able to take part in the competition and have a chance to win our Grand Prix or Public Award please read instructions below.
In Short Film Festival has teamed up with Zealous.co to make the judging process easier.
Thanks to Zealous we are able to simultaneously gather our Judges from different countries
and allow them to pick the best short (Grand Prix Award).
Nearest deadlines to follow to make your submission complete:
Zealous sign up deadline ______________04 July at 15.00 GMT – 10 July at 18.00 GMT
Transferring files deadline ____________ 04 July at 15.00 GMT – 14 July at 15.00 GMT
Final judging deadline__________________21 July at 23.59 GMT
Final selection announced_____________22 July at 22.22 GMT
Festival attendance confirmation_____30 July at 18:00 GMT
Event date FRANCE_____________________01 August 18.00 UTC+02 __________at Creactivitae, Pavillon LUCILE, Dinan
Event date ENGLAND___________________06 August 19.00 – 23.59 GMT _____at The Yard, Hackney Wick, E9 5EN, London
Awards Announced_____________________06 August 22.00 GMT______________ at the festival in London
- Register as a Creative or login on the Zealous website: www.zealous.co
HOW TO GUIDE: http://blog.zealous.co/blog/help/joining-zealous/#ht_reg_creative
- For the purpose of InShortFF we just need you to fill in your name, email address and embed your InShortFF ENTRY on your Zealous profile. But we highly recommend expanding your portfolio and exploring the website further. You will meet other great artists on this platform and be able to apply for future opportunities/competitions on Zealous.
- Embedding your ENTRY* into your portfolio.
HOW TO GUIDE: http://blog.zealous.co/blog/help/how-tos/adding-collection/#ht_upload%20video
* If your film is password protected it is very important to follow our instructions below for Password protected film entries.
- Entering InShortFF Finals – You can only access the event by clicking the picture below:
HOW TO GUIDE: http://blog.zealous.co/blog/help/how-tos/submit-event/
- Now it’s time to prepare your FILM FILE for the actual screening.
VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Password Protected Film Entry from Vimeo
For those of you wishing to password protect your film. We have encountered a minor issue with Vimeo and recommend the following steps:
- On your uploaded video on Vimeo go to the settings for your film, and click on the Privacy tab.
- On the Privacy Settings page you will see the section Who can watch this video?. Please ensure that Anyone is selected.
- Return to your video and copy and click the option to share (hover on the video to reveal the Share icon).
- Copy the URL and use this to upload your film to Zealous (click on the link for instructions: http://blog.zealous.co/blog/help/how-tos/adding-collection/#ht_upload%20video ).
- Once you’ve uploaded your film to Zealous return to Vimeo and the Privacy Settings page and Who can watch this video? Select Only people with a password and enter a password of your choice.
- You will need to enter the password in the appropriate section of the application form to enable the judges to view your film.***Not following this instruction may result in our judges not being able to access & watch your Entry. Your Entry might be disqualified. ***
TRANSFERING FILES FOR THE SCREENING
- Please submit your film in HD .MP4 format.
- Transfer your file through a transferring website (eg. WeTransfer, etc.) to our email address: email@example.com or make it downloadable on your vimeo settings.
- All files need to reach InShortFF before 14th July as we need to check their quality and prepare them for the screening at the festival.
- If you have any troubles at any point at this stage please contact us immediately.
- Entry can be disqualified if Entrant cannot be contacted or do not responds within 5 days of being contacted by Promoters in relation to the entry.
- After checking the quality of the files and having your film judged by our jury through the Zealous website, we will publicly announce a list of finalists who will be screened during the festival on 22nd July at 22:22.
- Grand Prix Award will be chosen by the Jury thanks to Zealous.co.
- InShortFF ’14 Grand Prix Award will be announced on 6th June at festival Awards Ceremony in London (The Yard, Hackney Wick).
- Public Award. Festival audience in France and in London, UK will choose their favourite film. The Public Award will be assigned to the film that will obtain the most independent votes from both screenings.
- InShortFF ’14 Public Award will be announced on 6th June at festival Awards Ceremony in London (The Yard, Hackney Wick).
FESTIVAL SCREENINGS & EVENTS
- 01 August 18.00 UTC+02 (Creactivitae, Pavillon LUCILE, Dinan, France)
- 06 August 19.00 – 23.59 GMT (The Yard, Hackney Wick, E9 5EN, London, UK)
- All of the InShortFF finalists have a free entry to the event and their ‚+1’ will be signed into our Festival Guest list with £3 donation collected on the door on 6th August. Please confirm your attendance (and your +1, including their name and surname) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject guestlist. This must be done before 30st July 2014, 18:00 GMT.
- Tickets for London’s edition of InShortFF can be purchased here:
- We still need your help to make this a great collaborative event. It’s very important that you help us spread the word about the festival and our Indiegogo campaign:
- We need to gather at least £600 to pay off the basic fees of the event itself but if we gather £3’300 – £1’000 it will go towards your next projects as a cash prize for the Grand Prix and Public Award.
(Please read the full explanation on how we will divide our funds here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/in-short-film-festival-needs-your-investment/x/7633049#activity)