InShortFF main aim is to promote cultural exchange and diversity within the film industry. With over 1000 submissions, from almost 100 countries, across all continents, selecting the 10 best films was no easy task. Our team of programmers watched every film to narrow the choice for our panel of international judges.
WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS
FilmFreeway Page #InShortFF
Festival participation – Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this competition, you agree to join the festival database and to be contacted occasionally by us and our partners using the details submitted (including email) in relation to our events or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. If your film is selected, you will be invited to attend the screening and this October in London. Entrants will receive one free entry pass from the Promoters. Entrants are responsible for the costs associated with travelling to the venue and their accommodation.
3. By submitting an Entry to the Competition, Entrants give Promoters:
a. A non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use a full video in electronic format or hard copy for screening purposes (i.e. during InShort Film Festival and our Partners’ film screening events).
b. Permission to adapt the Entry to enable such publication (including to shorten or edit it for the festival trailer or marketing materials), and Entrant hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of the Promoters, all moral rights in the Entry to which they are entitled.
c. The right to circulate photographic stills from registered films to all print media, television, Internet and/or websites, and by any electronic means of communication to the public.
d. The right to use Entrants name, a photograph, and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying Entrants as the authors of their Entries.
4. InShortFF will make every effort to notify the Finalists in the event of their Entry being shown at our Partners film screening events. Our Partners are free to choose the dates and the type of screen that the films will be presented upon.
COMPETITION IN BRIEF (RULES AND REGULATIONS)
5 GOLDEN RULES OF InShortFF
1) short films made by anyone & from anywhere
2) less than 15 min long
3) new productions with original content (not older than 2 years) no premieres are required but highly anticipated
4) any genre made with any budget & any camera (documentary, fiction, music video, animation, experimental video, video art & everything in between)
5) you can submit up to 3 shorts (each of them needs to be a separate entry)
5 InShortFF TIPS FOR FILMMAKERS
* STORY is a key, a unique script is more important than a high budget
* DIVERSITY – get team members from different countries, cultures, groups & backgrounds! It will bring a fresh perspective to your project!
* make ACCESSIBLE films – create subtitles for those who don’t speak the language well or for hard of hearing audience (all films selected for InShortFF festival will be required *STR subtitle files in English). It will help you enter other international festivals too!
* MARKETING – It’s the 21st century! Add Facebook/Twitter/Instagram links to your submission – it’s a great way for any festival to promote your work directly. And be proud of entering festivals – spread the word about InShortFF!
* always read festival RULES carefully, if in doubt ask at email@example.com Subject: Submission Question