JOIN OUR PROGRAMMING TEAM FOR INSHORT FILM FESTIVAL 2019!
InShort Film Festival is a volunteer-run organisation that host events showcasing the best cinematic excellence in short form from around the world. Beginning in 2014, we have watched thousands of films from all over the world. For the upcoming edition of the festival, we have already received submissions from over 80 different countries. InShortFF is showcasing productions that are international, inclusive and independent (just like #InShortFF itself).
We have eclectic tastes and get excited by broadening people’s horizons, but host screenings outside of festival time with specific focuses, such as animation, F-Rated films, and lgbtiqa+ cinema. Whatever excites us.
Discover the best new films from around the world before anyone else, gain experience and make connections in film exhibition/film festival industry, and kick off/develop your career as a film programmer.
Film Pre-selector (6 posts)
Watch 5 hours of films a week for 5 weeks (receive £50 expenses fee after your work is completed, Website Credit and a Festival Pass) work period: 29th April – until 2nd June 2019
Film Programmer (3 posts)
Watch 10 hours of films a week for 5 weeks (receive £100 expenses fee afterwards, Website Credit and a Festival Pass) work period: 29th April – until 2nd June 2019
After the preselection period, only Film Programmers have the opportunity to join the Festival Curation team in June (volunteer basis)
Watch 2 hours of films a week for 5 weeks (receive Website Credit and a Festival Pass) work period: 29th April – until 2nd June 2019
FILM SELECTION PROCESS:
How do we select the films we choose for our programme? Well, you can learn a lot from our goals:
- to screen new international shorts with exceptional, interesting or unique storylines.
- to bring to the mainstream voices that are usually marginalised and underrepresented.
- to create positive change by showcasing films that provoke action, empower people and reflect anti-xenophobia directives (discrimination against race, gender, based on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, illness, disability or impairments).
- to support unique voices and celebrating diversity by showcasing films written/directed by female, nonbinary and BAME people.
- to promote unity and harmonious existence (we won’t accept any films that show extreme violence or hatred).
– an interest in film
– hard work ethic, dedication to work
– available for training on Thursday 25th April 7pm (New Cross Gate, SE London)
– available for work from 29th April – until 2nd June 2019
– excellent time management and discipline
– good communication and ability to write in English
– previous film programming experience and/or film education
– attended InShort Film Festival before
– other festival or events experience
To apply for any of the Programming positions please fill in the form below by 10pm on FRIDAY 12th April.
We are aiming to respond to successful candidates by 20th April.